Wandering a Maze of Speculation
DISCERNING THE HORRIFIC
One of the signs of the times in which we live is the “discernment ministry.” These organizations started appearing in the early 1990s; they claim to handle one of primary duties of the Holy Spirit: discernment.
Discernment ministries do have several clear functions.
- They warn of a few high-profile antichrist deceivers.
- They offer much speculation.
- They lead potential Christians away from Jesus Christ.
- They sell a variety of merchandise (DVDs, CDs, conference packages, books, etc.)
- They are silent about particular problems in the churches. For example, they all promote the lie that churches are centers of godly activity.
- They offer a wide variety of alternatives to sharing the gospel; offering a maze of rabbit trails in which to the aspiring Christian can easily get lost.
- They operate hand-in-hand with apostate churches, popular culture and Christian mass media to promote end times deception.
- By engaging with those at the other end of Hegelian dialect, they further the argument/lie that “Criticism is unChristian.” Much time and energy has been expended on this non-argument which gives “discernment ministries” a prime Raison d’être. The only ones arguing this point appear to be pretend Christians.
One example: How could Jesus not know the time or the hour?
“But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.”
Another “discernment ministry”–AS IF discernment can be outsourced–provides lots of speculation. IF all of the speculation generated by “discernment ministries” was piled on top of each other, the resulting tower would be tall enough so that even the unsaved could see through the discernment racket.
Discernment ministries are there for one reason and one reason only: they lead those who desire to know more about Jesus Christ away from Him. They provide a maze of rabbit trails for the potential Christian.
Rabbit trails go here, there, and everywhere, and pretty much tend to lead nowhere. (Have you ever watched a dog sniff out a rabbit trail? It wanders in small then wider circles, around and around, feverishly looking for the rabbit – literally, a meal and, figuratively, the point of one’s argument.) No one knows what’s at the end of a rabbit trail (the point of one’s argument). Is there even an end to it? It’s a confusing maze of pointless leads. In short, a rabbit trail leads (us) nowhere. It serves only to confuse the prey/the reader. It keeps them preoccupied and confused.
The above is a perfect description of the MO of”discernment ministries–which are not to be found in the Bible and which began popping up in the early ’90s like mushrooms after a rain.
A SIGN OF THE APOSTATE CHURCH
Do true believers need a “discernment ministry?”
Not if the reader is truly saved. IF the reader is truly saved, the Holy Spirit will lead you into all truth–not your friendly neighborhood discernment ministry.
“Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.”
Now, there’s nothing wrong with warning believers of pitfalls: that’s biblical. But there’s nothing in God’s Word about outsourcing “discernment” to someone’s ministry.
Are you listening to the blah-blah-blah of wolves and deceivers? Can you quote men but not the Bible?
- Discernment and Hypocrisy
- Do You Know if You are Going to Heaven? Be Sure!
- Outsourcing Discernment: The Hegelian Dialectic and Discernment Inc
- American Apostasy: The Whore Church is Coming
- Discerning Discernment Ministries: Every Day is a Joel Osteen Day
[NOTE: This writer is not familiar with every single “discernment ministry in the world. However, the above applies to all with which he is familiar.]
by Jeremiah Jameson
–with Mondo Frazier
1- ETPR/xedos4, Danillo Rizutti, FreeDigitalPhotos.net/ETPR
2- prozac1, FreeDigitalPhotos.net
© Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report, 2012-14. © Mondo Frazier and End Times Prophecy Report, DBKP 2007-2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Link Disclaimer: inclusion of links to other blogs/websites is not necessarily an endorsement of all content posted in those blogs/websites.